New tradition! I’m starting a weekly random blog about things that are important to me, things that aren’t, and everything in between!!
1. I am counting down the days until I can get an iPhone. I cannot believe how long I’ve been in the industry [and I pride myself on answering emails quickly] without a phone that I can check my email on. Because of this, I get stuck at home! But hey, I’m committed! Right now I’m waiting for the release of the new version in early July [before, I was waiting for my verizon contract to end…]!
2. I have a long laundry list of pet peeves. If I can recall any specifically, I’ll try to post one a week. BUT, we’ll see. Today’s pet peeve: since I’m left handed, when I write with certain pens, ink will get all OVER the side of my hand. I avoid all “wet” pens like the plague. I mainly use Bic Click Stick pens exclusively. When my company invests in pens [which I’m totally into this idea and want to SOON], it will be these pens. Since you can’t buy them at stores, I’m forced to use pens from places like Howard’s Appliances, The Doubletree Hotel, and random Realtors!
3. Funny Josh-ism: One time, in reference to a very tall thin person, Josh used the expression “tall cup of glass” as opposed to the real term, “tall drink of water”. Oh how I love him!
4. FACT: The only bridal magazines that I read and order [and that I feel are worth any time after you’ve got a ring and dress!!!] are Martha Stewart Weddings, The Bride and Bloom, and Ceremony Magazine. Seriously, people!!!
5. Gas prices are seriously KILLING me lately! Driving a Yukon sure doesn’t help, but honestly. It’s crazy how quick $100 goes lately, right?? At some point, I want to buy one of these:
6. Lately I’ve been super into my domestication. I want to bake. And cook. Well, cooking is easier for me since I don’t have a mixer here in my condo, but seriously! People like THIS make me need to bake!!!
7. Favorite event idea of the moment: I’m soo diggin’ the clients who hire an up-and-coming photographer to second or third shoot for them [even hiring them independently!]. This is a GREAT way to score a killer deal on an aspiring photographer, and it allows your day to be captured by multiple creative “eyes”! Plus, for the low price that most of these photographers are charging, it’s totally do-able for even the smallest budget!
8. My favorite reality shows of the moment: top chef [LOVE that stephanie won! though, richard put up a GREAT fight!!], project runway, america’s next top model [my sister protests this always], so you think you can dance [who is better than cat deely? she is soo elegant and sweet!], kathy griffin, and last comic standing [though, enough of the auditions, already!]. wow, that sounds like a LOT of TV. it’s not that bad.. i don’t think!
9. I found this website a while back and fell in love. I own a pantone guide for color reference [even though I feel that I’m a measly graphic designer!], but I just cannot get enough of having it accessible at any time online. Yessss.
10. I’m really, REALLY into music [duh, my husband like MAKES it for a living!]. Right now, my fave is Jesca Hoop. Last month my whole family went to see her down at this dumpy club in our area. It was soo awesome! Just her, a few guitars, a bass, and a backup singer. The harmonies were insane! Take a listen to a few of her songs here but really my favorite you’d have to buy on iTunes. It’s called “Seed of Wonder” and you can read the lyrics here. Love it!
Business lately has been great! After 2 official weekends “off” from events, it gave me an amazing amount of time to take care of my summer clients and I cannot WAIT for my summer events to kick into high gear! I love each and every client so much and get so attached. Can’t wait to see these brides walk down the aisle to their men! Knowing that I can be a part of it makes my heart happy. Thanks for helping me love my job!!!