I’ll be honest… I totally contemplated skipping this week. Not so much because I was SO busy [but, well, I am!], but more because I’m not sure I’m as interesting as I pretend to be. Ha. But… seriously. Am I? I can’t be.
Anyway, a little late, but I’m committed to the “open book-ness” that I promised!
1. I thought that THIS was an interesting debate/poll. It’s an internet poll on whether the motto “In God We Trust” should be kept on our currency, or removed. I’ll admit, although my personal beliefs may make people assume I’d sway strongly one way, I’m pretty indifferent. What I believe is in me… not my money. Your thoughts?
2. My gripe about MiPhone: okay… I love my iPhone. It’s been a GREAT, live-saving addition to my little family. Google maps… bonus! Checking my email… insane. Having ALL of my internet bookmarks at the tip of my fingers should I need them… the ultimate PLUS. BUT…. I’m really, REALLY, insanely organizedly [not a word] ANAL about things. When I got MiPhone, I moved around my icons because I could. I put them on 2 pages, [if you have an iPhone you will understand this, if not… just bear with me]. I put the 2nd page of icons as my superfluous applications [app store, my flashlight, a few games, etc]- things I will not use daily and possibly not weekly. My huge gripe: these apps update. And EVERY time you update them, which is kinda required, the icons MOVE BACK TO WHERE EVER THE PHONE WANTS THEM TO BE. Since I keep my first page not “full” [I have a space between my stationary icon bar at the bottom and my actual icons on the screen], every time I update an application, it fills my first page. It drives me batty. And, I’ve only had the phone like… a month! Ugh. 2 updates so far in ONE month. This may be the end of me!!
3. Sadly, since I still have no TV [which has been an amazing break from all things media and propaganda], I haven’t seen a lick of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games. :(
4. Wedding Trend I’m in LOVE with right now: monogrammed stamps. One of my couples that are getting married in seriously 5 seconds [ok, 2 weeks] sent me an official invitation [the bride is an interior designer and the groom a graphic designer… wowza, FUN wedding!!], complete with stamps from Stamps.com that held their monogram logo. They. Are. Incredible. I am in love!!!
5. ‘Member how I told you I had this SURGE of empowerment to finally finish our condo?? Well, I’ve been looking for a few unique pieces to kinda make [or break] our place. One element I’m on the hunt for is some type of wood carving or amazing artwork to hang in my dining room above our new table. Another I’d love is a pair of twin mirrors for our hallway [to cover up our lovely breaker box that someone thought would be awesome to stick in the MIDDLE of our HALLWAY when they built the place- classy, right??]. I found this today and fell in looooooove:
This is too big to buy two and too small to have the effect I need it to. But, it’s EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Why do I have to fall in love with the hand-crafted $300 mirror from Peru? Seriously?? Sigh…
6. Josh told me today his favorite thing about me is my ability to stay in character. We do things a lot – and I mean a LOT – to make each other laugh. Josh is the easiest sell EVER [love it about him] but I can hold a straight face for days. I’m sure I was meant to be on Saturday Night Live. :) But, alas, weddings captured my heart!
7. I cannot BELIEVE how many inquiries I’ve gotten lately. All I can do is say… I’m flattered! Everything goes in seasons, you know, even my moods. It’s so nice to feel confident in what I’m doing… to know I’m exactly where I need to be. The fact that others feel the same way about me, my career, and my choices is beyond inspiring. I’m awe struck that I’ve built this whole “thing” that is so much of my life from the ground up with my own heart and hands. I owe everything to things and people that are beyond my control. There is never a moment that is not humbling about that reality!
8. That being said, my new motto of the moment [which is affecting me and the way I relate very much] has become “contact, not contract”. Really, it’s not a NEW concept for me, but sometimes my ego gets wounded when I become competitive in the industry and forget who I am. For me, it’s not about how many contracts I get, but for the contact that I get and give to people- clients and non-clients alike. One of my fave bands, Mates of State, says in one of my all time fave songs this line that I feel so epically applies to me [and, well, it happens to be one of Josh and I’s “songs”]:
“Above all, are we out for contact? Oh, can’t I.”
I love the Mates. Yes, I do.
9. So… my hair is officially LONG. I can’t believe it. The other day after getting out of the shower I was hanging around in a tank top for the first time in forever and I could feel my hair on my back. It was a weird experience! Did anyone out there meet me when my hair was short??
This was like… a year an a half ago:
And this was less than a year ago:
And this is… well, right NOW:
Not as much mermaid as lioness lately, but it’ll get there. A few more inches. Though, I already don’t know what the heck to do with it!
10. Cruise Countdown: 15 days. I cannot BELIEVE that in 15 days I’ll have been married 5 years. It has flown by. I love marriage so much! I am so blessed with a husband who is so much more than a roommate or even a lover. He is a best friend! We are on the same, freaky wave length and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. This vacation is SO long overdue [did I mention this will be our first vacation that will have lasted more than 2 nights in the last 3 years? Yep, the last time we had a week-long vacay was our 2 year anniversary!]. I’m SO ready to be swept off of my feet in love for 7 days!
Well, it’s almost 2am. Yes. I know I’m crazy. But this is my time and these are my people. Again, crazy. :) I have two amaaazing events this weekend that I am just so so so so so excited for! I can’t wait to share them with you all! You will love. I promise. Stay posted. I’ll try and “tease” on Sunday morning but I may be too ‘zhausted from Saturday night. We’ll see. If not, Monday will for SURE be goo-licious for y’all!!
xoxoxo… until we meet again!