Focusing on what we’re all grateful for this holiday season is the best way to lift your spirits despite the rain [which I really truly love! Last night I stood outside with it pouring on me and smiled and laughed, just for a moment, because I was so happy!].
SO, instead of a bunch of randomness about MYSELF, I’m going to give my list of 10 “thankfuls” [oh wait, talking about things I’m thankful is still all about me, huh??].
1. I am thankful for my husband. That’s he’s the MAN in my life, my strong leader, my soft hand. He’s the utterly, frustratingly perfect opposite to create the killer combo that IS our marriage. I’m thankful that I adore his God-given face, for his heart that I recognize in all the small things he does. I am thankful that he cares about flowers, because I care about flowers. That he assists at weddings for me, because he loves to see me in my element. That he always, always connects with me when playing on stage [wink, wave, smile, funny stupid things]- these are my world, my marriage. I am so, so thankful that we have spent 5 blissful years and that we’re STILL being asked if we’re newly-weds. Way to rock it!!!
2. I am thankful that there is always music in my home. My dad was a musician growing up and his love of music made a deep impression that passed to me. I have always loved music and feel so blessed to have found someone to meet and appreciate that deep need of mine. I am so thankful for Josh’s talent and passion. Neither of us could have ever known how amazing he would be at the career he’s chosen, but we are so thankful! I love the people and the culture surrounding Josh’s music. I’m so thankful, and I hope that we continue to teach our family about music and keep making it a priority. And I am so thankful that I share this passion with my dad.
3. I am thankful for my mother. She is truly one of my best friends. She gives advice accordingly, listens, wants to hang out with me, and helps when we most need it. Her encouragement is key to my success. I love that she never takes anything too seriously and has taught me how to let things “roll off my back” accordingly.
4. I am so, SO thankful for my job. Never in my life did I imagine I’d find something that I love to do. I am thankful that it’s the perfect balance of creativity [though not TOO demanding thus making it forced] and anality [though not TOO dry thus making it torture]. I am proud of myself that this business has succeeded. Something I cannot take credit for alone. But, I am so thankful that each day I get to wake up loving what my life is.
5. I am thankful for my home. Even though we bought our condo in the peak of real estate season about 3 years ago, I am so thankful for a place to put my things, that is ours, that we worked for. I am proud that it reflects us in style and comfort. I’m glad that it’s a home with an “open door” to friends, guests, and strangers alike.
6. I’m thankful for my sister- the best friend ever. Thankful that I have a sister and that our bond is a silent understanding. I’m thankful that she pushes me to grow, personally, spiritually and professionally. I’m thankful that she’s encouraging with me, creative with me, and supportive of me. I’m thankful for weekday lunches by her office and weeknight TV in her pajamas. She is the best confidant I could ask for.
7. I’m thankful for my wonderful team here at In The Now. I never thought I’d be able to be a boss- to be able to hand things off and delegate effectively, but I have come to realize that my faith in these ladies is so rightfully placed- they continually do not disappoint. I’m thankful that they have the same passion that I do- that we have a standard of business that I’m unwilling to compromise on, and it’s something I hold so dear. I guess I’m thankful they meet my standards. Ha!!
8. I’m thankful for my excitement in life. Thankful that I’m willing to fight to keep it, every year, every day. Not just about being married, or work, but about family and projects and ideas. I am truly so thankful that I allow myself to see that half-filled glass when my natural tendency is to say “empty!!!”.
9. I am thankful for the opportunities that have been given to Josh and I. I am constantly astounded by the offers that my “no name” musician/song writer/composer/producer husband gets. I know that it’s nothing we could ever ask or pray for- it is beyond all realm of possibility for us [always] and yet just seems to fall in his lap. Even thought they don’t always pan out, I am thankful that they are always given at the right time to encourage us in knowing that this IS his career- he is doing the right thing with his life. I am so thankful for each professional opportunity I’ve been given, too. In my bio it says that this career chased me down- it did. Sometimes I think this is a dream and I need to wake up! I am so thankful for the open doors we’ve walked through and more than that, for the courage we’ve kept to continually walk through them, despite the scariness.
10. To my clients- past, present, and future. I am so, SO thankful to each and every one of you. For the decision to take a chance in trusting such a huge aspect of your lives to someone you’ve hardly met. For allowing me to be myself and trusting me anyway. For seeing me, my website, this blog… and being able to see my heart exposed. I’m thankful that you’ve come into my life. I always walk away having learned something from the love that each couple shares. Thank you for showing me your love, for teaching me how to love, for renewing MY love for my husband. I am forever indebted to you all.
Okay, so, there it is! I hope that wasn’t too boring for you.
What are you thankful for? I’d love to know! But more than that… HAPPY THANKSGIVING!