Maybe I’ll post some pictures later, but for now, a short list of why I LOVED my 26th year so much [and you can bet your booty I know that this 27th year will be incredibly better, I can feel it!]…
1. Working at home. Josh and I both working from home this past year has made so many amazing memories for our little family. We have always been best friends but hanging out together has been so incredibly special. I love my life, every day, because of it!
2. My job!! I absolutely, hands down, am head over heels for my job. I am so fortunate. Not only do I get to meet the coolest people, but I get to be involved in this important and monumental occasion in their lives. Being a part of such a tender process has got to be theee best thing in the world.
3. My hair. Duh! My absolutely delicious mermaid-like long tresses are putting me OVER the top for my 27th birthday! Yep, it took all year, but it’s been SO worth it!
4. My home. I know we didn’t purchase our condo recently [it was 3 years ago to the month, actually] but I am so proud that I own a home in California. Orange County, no less! I love that, each month, I gain more respect for taking care of my home as an adult and actually enjoying having a place that people- friends and strangers alike- consider a warm, loving environment.
5. My dreams. Oh, how I am thankful for my dreams!! Not only that, but I’m full of hope and pride- 2008 was more than enough for me. The success of my little business, of my life, of my husband… it’s been more than overwhelming. But I must say- I am so thankful that we always have dreams to strive for!
6. My team. When I started 2008 I had NO idea who would be a part of my company. It’s been a long time coming for me, and I don’t trust people with my name, my clients, and my heart very easily… but my team has fallen into place like stars in the sky. 2009 is going to ROCK our SOCKS off. We are growing like weeds and each and every member is a crucial element to our success. Yippeee.
7. My family. Each year I grow closer to them- as a person. It’s funny to get to know your parents as people. I’m so thankful for the mornings with my mom, the nights with my sister, the weekends with my dad. I’m lucky to be a member of my family and I look forward to spending more time with them this year!
8. My talents. And I say this mainly because I know it’s by nothing of myself that I’ve got them. I’m thankful that I can whip out a wedding invite design on my computer. I’m thankful for my feeble singing voice and that I can share music with my love. I’m so thankful for the heart I continually have renewed for this industry. It’s nothing I could ask or pray for. More than I could imagine.
9. Flowers. I am so, SO thankful for flowers. They may be my favorite element of a wedding. It’s a toss up between flowers and… well, the wedding itself. :) I’m thankful for the colors they provide, for the way they fill my home with cheer and pleasant aroma, and for the love I have for them [passed down, undeniably, from my mama].
10. The JOSH of course. As he’s locked away in the studio, currently writing and recording my birthday gift [a fab song that will surely rule the world- or at least MY world], I’m reminded of the stud that he is. And I mean that in every way possible- not only do I think my husband is the bee’s knees to look at, but his laugh, his heart, his genuity, his creativity, his innocence, his candor… he’s the whole package. I am, day in-day out, completely and totally enamored with him. In love with him. Thankful for him. I want to be everything that he needs and deserves this year and every year. I’m so thankful for the years we’ve had together, without kids. I’m looking forward to the years of kids, wrinkles, houses, puppies, lives, loves, marriages, failures, scares, accidents, hopes, dreams, deaths, births… everything. My husband is my stability, my rock, and my life! This 26th year has been so undeniably incredible. I can only imagine that my 27th- as each year has so far- will top the last and we’ll be happier than I’d ever imagined I could be.
27 is going to be amazing. It’s in the air. It’s in the trees. It’s in ME! Thanks to everyone out there who reads the blog- and to my clients for trusting me with your big day! It’s because of all of you that I’m so in love with the life I’m honored to live!