Aloha! Bonjour! Ciao! Hi! I am proud to say that I am the newest team member to become a regular blogger. My name is Brittany [in case you didn’t catch that above picture with my name on it] and I’ve been with Amanda for one year and 4 months…but who’s counting? I revolve my life around weddings and weddings only. Basically I’m a totally romantic and a little bit of a nerd whenever I hear the word “wedding”. I have yet to experience my own special day, as they call it, because I’ve been told you have to find “the one” first. So if anyone knows where I can find this one, let me know!
I thought instead of blogging a novel about my life, I’d just make a list of ten random things about me…if I have ten. I’m sure I can find something that will intrigue you. I am known for my Jedi master-mind tricks!
1. I am a TOTAL sweet tooth. Now you might think, ok she likes eating dessert every night, or has a stash of See’s Candies in her nightstand. Ha, I laugh…that would be what I consider an amateur sweet tooth. Actually I don’t even know if I’d be able to classify someone who did that as a sweet tooth. It takes years of skill to create the prefect pallet in order to reach the sweet tooth hall-o-fame! And yes, I have succeeded in this training process. Now being a sweet tooth is a hard role, because there are SO many things that I just have to have, but have learned to control my urge and now go from 8 treats a day down to 4 treats a day. I have stomach of steal when it comes to desserts. I love them so much, I can, will, and have eaten cupcakes for breakfast more than once [no joke, it was 8AM]. So I’m sure you can guess that the first thing I ask a bride when meeting for the first time or assisting a wedding….when’s the cake cutting?
2. I have a thing for lions. Not just any lions, male lions with bushy manes and a huge mouth when they yawn. I don’t really know why this obsession occurred or when, but it might be because I am a Leo [summer birthdays are the best!] I also have not one, but two male Golden Retrievers who look like they walked out of Africa. I found out that lions sleep up to 20 hours a day and noticed my Golden’s do the same thing…what a life! I even own a lion necklace. I feel that I possess a liony energy and can be super mellow at times, then pounce when no one’s looking! Kinda like my Jedi mind tricks.
3. Pixar is my homeboy and we hangout any chance we get. I am a kid at heart and just love watching little kid movies. I own a lot and am not embarrassed to admit it [although my collection has scared away a few men….hmm, maybe that’s why I can’t find “the one”]. Anyways, I enjoy them and that’s all that matters. The reciting of Pixar movies is my thing and I can pretty much sound like any character. Not going to list every kid DVD I own, but a few are: Finding Nemo, Over The Hedge [not Pixar but still equally awesome], Wall-E, Monsters Inc, Ice Age 1&2, Cars, Ratatouille….see what I mean?
4. How many nicknames can one female have? I mean really, it’s insane! I answer to the weirdest of names due to the nicknames I have been given in my life. Responding to Nic has no significance to my name other than Nicole is my middle name and I NEVER use it. It was until a friend of mine thought it would be easier to call me Nic because all of our names were Brittany spelled all different ways [there were 5 of us!] Now I will answer to the following: Britt, Bee [B], B-rit, Nick, B.Fitch, Fitch….it’s retarded! Oh and my last name is Fitch incase you were wondering where the Fitch came into place.
5. My favorite hobby outside of weddings of course, is cooking. I LOVE to cook anything and everything. I am a pescitarian meaning do not eat meat but, allow myself to enjoy sushi, crab, shrimp, and fish; however I do enjoy cooking a prefect filet mignon with all the fixins. Cooking/baking has always been a huge hobby of mine since I was a wee little one and now has blossomed into Top Chef status, if you know what I mean. I don’t go one day without watching The Food Network channel and can watch it for hours. My biggest attempt to date is to make veggie empanadas…check back in a few weeks! I do have my pancakes down to a science though. All I’m saying is I can make a mean pancake.
6. Got powder? I’m a freak for snowboarding and cannot get enough of it. As far as sports go, this is my one and only. Winter Olympics, Winter X-Games….bring it! I’ve been snowboarding for 6 years and this has become my one love. Fresh fallen untouched powder is such a sight; I go crazy whenever I think about it. I buy a Big Bear pass every year for I go at least twice a week when the season comes. At one time I was sponsored but I’m not going to get into that. Writing ten random things about myself is enough attention for one month.
7. I know I already stated my love for Pixar above, but I forgot to state my favorite genre of films. I’m sure you will be surprised when I say that my all time fav is horror! Yes I know I’m crazy, but I have this sick twisted love for horror films, old and new. I’ve seen every horror movie you could possibly think of and own quite a few too. I like to be scared and get my adrenaline going, especially when they’re based on a true story.
8. For the past 20 years I have been blonde. My hair was as golden blonde as it could get and as a child I had white hair. It wasn’t until two years ago I decided to do something drastic and dye my hair black, and loved it. However, I have come to tone it down a little to dark brown. But for two years everyone told me I looked like a complete different person. Aside from loving my look and being different, the only downfall is when I go out and get carded…I was interrogated for what seemed like days. I get asked the same things twice and still would have a hard time getting into places. I never knew a color change would drastically change my look. Now I just hand my ID and Credit Card at the same time because I know they’ll ask for another form of ID.
9. I’m obsessed with flannels. There I said it. I heart flannels. They are my kryptonite. I have about every color of flannel you could think of and more than one person should own. I wear them out, to bed, to lounge in, to work, to play, to the gym [haha I wish!] But I have come to realize that my love for flannel shirts has become more of a stage 5 clinger thing; when I see one I cannot stop looking at it! Their like a magnet. That also goes for watches too. You will never catch me without a watch on my left wrist for I feel so naked without one. I can go without my phone for days, but a watch…HELL NO! One time I drove all the way to work and noticed I forgot my watch and drove all the way home to get one. I was late of course, but blamed it on traffic!
10. I thought I’d end the last thing with something really stupid and random [hence the Random Rundown]. Since the 6th grade I have known how to speak Double G. Yes, it is a language and I am a pro speaker. However, none of my friends now know how to speak it, but it stuck with me. I can read the bible in Double G. It’s not hard once you get the hang of it, but whenever I try to teach the language, it never works out. I guess you just have to born with it! All I can say is to learn how to speak Double G, put a D G after every syllable in a word [i.e. wedding= wed-id-get-ti-ging] So simple right!
How boring am I? I’m sorry you had to go through that, but I hope you had a few laughs along the way. Like I said I am a dork and proud of it! I am also proud to be blogging on a regular basis and hope to meet a few other dorks out there in the blogging world. My autograph signing will be next month at the local “bucks” [aka=starbucks] starting a 5AM on June 32th….just kidding….